Picbear logo Browse Instagram content with Picbear

#fossilfree

Posts tagged as #fossilfree on Instagram

6.833 Posts

A view of the old Woolley’s beach jetty where works have already begun, (even though they do not have approvals yet!) for AGL’s ugly 300m on water regasification unit which will be moored here and pumping out 450,000,000 litres of colder (by 7 degrees) chlorinated (in other words: ‘dead’) water daily.  Come to the rally on July 1st, 1pm Fred Smith reserve Hastings foreshore to find out how this will affect you. 🌏 #savewesternport #cribpoint #sacredactivism #fossilfree #climateaction #morningtonpeninsula #rally #environment
The era of energy storage is here! How much do you know about solar and batteries? 🔋💡☀️click the link in our bio to learn about the final piece of the #renewableenergy puzzle! #gosolar #energystorage #batteries #powerwall #sonnen #santabarbara #ventura #carpenteria #montecito #rebuildgreen #805living #805strong #goleta  #centralcoast805 #readyfor100 #fossilfree
We had an interesting trip out with Boy Wonder's school today to the local solar farm. This is a great way to teach kids about renewable energy. Was a bit surprised that none of them could tell us why we need it or what is happening to our planet?! Hopefully they came away better informed and will become champions of green power 🌏⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ #environment #ecological #ecofriendly #sustainable #gogreen #greenliving #sustainableliving #eco #sustainability #ethicalconsumer #consciousconsumer #mindfulconsumption #choosewisely #livelightly #lowimpact #slowliving #bethechange #compassionate #stopthewaste #makeanimpact #believeinbetter #globalwarming #climatechange #savetheplanet #divestment #renewableenergy #fossilfree #solarpower #renewableenergy #cleanenergy
This spot 83 years ago my grandmother was born. One of the most important people in my life. She was an inspiring woman, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Her village vanished in 1989 when the middle german coal mining group decided to mine for the coal below the village. This was also the birthplace of my aunt and of my father. Now whenever my father is explaining me where he grew up he is pointing at this giant hole and says "there was our house, there was our mill". This destiny do a lot of people from this region share. Another part of my paternal family had to leave their houses behind in 2007 when they decided to destroy another village for mining. Although my grandmother will always be in my heart I am sad that I could never learn where one important part of my family was coming from. #mibrag #mitteldeutschebraunkohleag #mitteldeutschland #centralgermany #coalmine #coalmining #breunsdorf #tagebau #tagebauschleenhain #schleenhain #germany #gdr #kohlekraftneindanke #fossilfree #endcoal
The House of #renewables throws shade at the House of #fossilfuels during an outrageous #drag lip sync battle at the #fossilfree Mischief Festival on Saturday #werk  #dragrace #queereye #dragking #dragbattle #iwillsurvive #climatechange #theatre #rscmischief #agitprop #streettheatre #lipsyncbattle #lipsyncforyourlife
Action shot!! #tidalpower delivers a stunning blow to #oil during the #renewrebels epic #fossilfuels vs #renewables wrestling match at the #fossilfree Mischief Festival on Saturday #rscmischief #shakespeare #dropbp #endoilsponsorship #wrestling #smackdown #theatre #agitprop @thersc #rsc #stratforduponavon #protest #performance #art Photo by Ron Fassbender @theweeklybull
'Will all great Neptune’s ocean wash this oil clean from my hand?' Just how long will @thersc cling on to @bp_plc when its actions tarnish the theatre company's reputation? Out, damned logo!  #macbeth #rscmischief #fossilfree #dropbp #shakespeare #theatre #agitprop #endoil #renewables #cleanenergy #protest #drama
The wetlands of Woolleys beach, apart from the mysterious beauty act as an important carbon sink, apparently even more efficient than rain forests. 🌱🌱🌱 #wetlands #mangrove #ramsar #savewesternport #cribpoint #morningtonpeninsula #fossilfree #climateaction
I love shadows downtown where light sources get all kinds of interesting and the sun pinballs off of every surface until it settles to the sidewalk.
BP flashes the cash in the @thersc foyer during our #fossilfree Mischief Festival yesterday #rscmischief #shakespeare #dropbp #oilsponsorship #theatre #agitprop #divest Photo by Ron F @theweeklybull
Earlier this week we took out the Environmental Catergory and Outstanding Overall Achievement Awards at this years NSWCPC Pacific Awards ✊🏽 So blessed to be surrounded by these lovelies! Forever love my Pacific Climate Warriors Fam!  #pcw #pacificpawa #fossilfree #nswcpc
#repost @oilsandsaction  The #oilsands is 0.15% of global emissions. At least six other countries produce oil with higher emissions per barrel.  81.5% of the life cycle emissions from any barrel of oil is the same, and is created when the oil is used by the consumer, the remaining 18.5% is the created during production, shipping, refining etc.  Let’s have an informed conversation.
Jacks Beach tanning pit, in Crib Point has quite a fascinating historic significance for Westernport and the #morningtonpeninsula.  #savewesternport #climateaction #fossilfree #environment #nature #history
‘In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act’ George Orwell 🕊 We have been assured by @danielandrewsmp that there will be independent reports for risk assessments and long term environmental impacts of the proposed #agl gas terminus for Crib Point, before approvals are given. But the work has started and AGL are behaving like they’ve got the go ahead. In fact I’ve been told that ‘the decision has been made’ and when I asked “by who” I was told that the source could not be revealed! The elected state government and the council have deferred to the big corporate, in this instance AGL, which does not represent the people. In an election year we can vote out the politicians who do not represent our best interests!  #climateaction #savewesternport #fossilfree #noagljettyincribpoint #environment #morningtonpeninsula #cribpoint #sacredactivism #spiritualactivist #awakening
The #oilsands is 0.15% of global emissions. At least six other countries produce oil with higher emissions per barrel. 81.5% of the life cycle emissions from any barrel of oil is the same, and is created when the oil is used by the consumer, the remaining 18.5% is the created during production, shipping, refining etc.  Let’s have an informed conversation. #divestvictoria #divestmcgill #stopkm #stopkindermorgan #transmountain #keystonexl #kxl #nokxl #alberta #albertaoilfield #oilsands #divestdal #divestuw #divestnow #fossilfree #climatejustice #climateaction #climatechange #greenpeace #sierraclub #nrdc #davidsuzuki #kindermorgan #nopipelines #cdnpoli #ottawa #ottawalife #tarsandscampaign
Such a peaceful spot on the side of the #trail. #sansfossils #nature #arroyopark #trees #pond #goldenlight #reflection #peaceful #green #fossilfree
Perhaps the best #shakespearean shade of the Fossil Free Mischief Festival today was thrown at @bp_plc by the mighty Thor (aka @nurseofburlesque) in this epic tirade. #shakespeareaninsultbooth #fossilfreemischief #rscmischief #shakespeare #dropbp #protest #climatechange #agitprop #disobedient #performance #stratforduponavon #rsc #thersc #bp #bigoil #fossilfree #divest
Let us hear a huge “YOU BETTA WERK!” for the ultimate lip sync battle between the House of Fossil Fools VS the House of Renewables! Today we hosted a #fossilfree Mischief Festival in Stratford-Upon-Avon, right outside @thersc. We’ve been throwing shade at #bp, and asking #rsc to drop those oily villains as a sponsor. Is such a minuscule amount of funding worth aligning with climate change fuelling, human rights defying scoundrels? #drag #werk
We just ended the 3-day strategy facilitation for @fossielvrijnl! These kind of gatherings can be challenging and inspiring, but we would like to say it was more than that.  Together with key campaigners, the board and operational team and European team delegates, we focused on the strategy for the years to come, mapping the potential of the movement. Especially the  supportive atmosphere and co-creative spirit were really admirable!

Loading